Children with learning difficulties will have an Educational Health Care plan, this details all the young person’s needs both from an educational and care point of view, to ensure that all their needs are met. Some children remain in mainstream schools with extra support whilst others attend special schools which are set up to cater for those with disabilities and complex needs. Your Social worker alongside educational professionals will help you to decide which school is best for your child. This can be especially difficult if your child is in mainstream school and their condition has deteriorated. Special schools will often have their own nurses who can administer your child’s medication. In mainstream and special schools, Community Nurses can visit to offer advice on any additional medication needs. It is important to visit the schools or colleges to make sure you are happy with the placement. Support staff from Alex TLC can accompany you on these visits.