This page has been set up to provide the technical formats that we require so that all presentations meet the correct requirements for the digital community weekend.
This years Community Weekend will see all presentations, beneficiaries and medical professionals communicate and network through a series of scheduled Zoom ‘meetings’ and ‘hangouts’.
We will edit and create the video presentation you provide into the correct format with Alex TLC branding which will then be scheduled and played with our scheduled sessions.
* If you are new to recording your presentations via Zoom then the videos below will show you the simple step by step process.
The process is as follows:
- Prepare your presentation in your preferred presentation software. ie. Powerpoint, Keynote etc.
- Sign into your Zoom Account. (if you do not have an account click here https://zoom.us/freesignup/ )
- Record your presentation – If you feel comfortable please include your video onscreen too.
- Send your recording via http://www.wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then edit where necessary and use within the session.
Save Zoom recordings will be MP4 (video). The MP4 recording is a single-resolution with fixed frame rate format to ensure better compatibility with media players.
- Use a plain background
- Minimise background noise and interruptions
- Use warm lighting from the front (lighting your face) and avoid lighting from behind (which creates a silhouette)
- Try to use plain English wherever possible.
- Do not use acronyms
- If using medical terms, please check and ensure they are included in our glossary of terms.
- Please avoid duplication of the basics! As there will be many Doctors and specialists speaking over the 2 day event, we have asked Doctors Alasdair Parker and David Lynch to explain leukodystrophy at the beginning of their presentations so that you don’t have to!
See the second video below for additional hints and tips.