We are holding an informational workshop for individuals affected by leukodystrophy who are currently employed or who may be seeking employment in the future. The workshop is suitable for people of all ages including students to help them prepare for working. However you must be registered with the charity to be able to attend.
The workshop will be taking place on Tuesday 24th October 18:00-19:30.
To secure a place on the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop will involve two presentations and a question and answer session:-
Tony Stevens, Head of Development, at Disability Rights UK, will be coming to present and answer any questions you may have. He will be discussing the following topics:
- Jobs and careers – why disability shouldn’t be the starting point
- Social model of disability
- The Equality Act, focusing on the definition of disability and reasonable adjustments duty
- Access to Work scheme
- Tips on employers and what to say to
Our wonderful community member, Michael Conway, who works for BAE systems and is affected by ALD, will give his account of working. This will include:
- How he managed the transition from working without adjustments to how things are now
- What his employers do to help/adjustments to his work environment
- Obstacles he has experienced and how these were handled
- Helpful tips and information for working with leukodystrophy