Information about DCP’s new campaign and how to get involved:
The DCP is developing a new campaign to show the difference the right support from social care can make for disabled children and their families can make to their lives. We want to share the stories of families with disabled children, showing positive experiences with the care sector and giving the reality of how families navigate it.
Our approach will focus on short “vlogs” – self-shot videos documenting certain day-to-day activities where social care helps in ways many people may not even realise. These activities can include, but aren’t limited to:
- Your morning routine and how support helps
- Your bedtime routine and how support helps
- What it takes to take the family to the park or visit family and how support helps
- Accessing support such as short breaks/respite
- Instances where care support helps your family that others may not be aware of
Our goal is to capture your reality, an honest portrayal of your experience, and in doing so also illustrate the important impact that having support in place can have on these activities. You don’t need to worry about editing the videos etc – we will do that, and will make sure you are happy with the final version before sharing anything publicly.
For further information: DCP – This is Social Care Brief
Deadline is Wednesday 13th September for videos to be received.